"It doesn't make sense wearing eye makeup anyways because I wear glasses."
You Beauties know I am an avid glasses wearer. Trendy frames are just another way to express your personal style while helping us vision impaired ladies navigate this world. I never have and never will ascribe to the notion that my frames somehow take away from my makeup. Many ladies believe they block their eyes, and truly sometimes depending on prescription your eyes do appear smaller behind your lenses.
This is where I come in with some techniques you can use to help create the illusion of having big beautiful eyes behind your glasses.
Before we start I must state the importance of filling in and sculpting your eyebrows. They frame your face and add balance to your makeup.
1) Firstly, let's debunk that myth that glasses hide your eye-makeup. We still see your eye-makeup over your frames and through your lenses.
2) Define your eyes by using gel or liquid liner on the top lid. (wing is optional)
3) Use mascara on top and bottom lashes.
4) Apply off white or nude eyeliner to water line. (this creates the illusion of your eyes being bigger)
5) Apply some medium sized false lashes. (suggestion: wispies or demi wispies)
When I wear my glasses I tend to pair my makeup with bright or bold lipstick.
Trust me you ladies who love to rock your frames; your makeup does not have to take a backseat. Have fun with it and don't forget to tag me in any looks you create.
*Special thanks to faithful subbie Lasonta for naming this article!